"High Castle" is a timeline that is similar to my other Timeline: "Fatherland", but with some significant changes.
- France is invaded by both Germany and Italy, capitulating within weeks of the German Blitzkrieg and the Italian Tattiche Fulminee. Italy occupies Southern France while Germany Occupies Northern France. The next target was Switzerland, which was invaded according to Operation Tannenbaum, though the Germans would soon come to realize that the Swiss will not capitulate easily. Italy invaded from the South, and annexed Ticino, Valais and south Graubunden. The Swiss "officially" capitulate late into the year, though "unnoficially", the Germans continue to have resistance from the armed and trained civilian population. Next came Britain. The arial bombardment known as the Blitz had been going on for a month and Hitler saw the need for a land invasion. Operation Seelowe as it was dubbed, was carried out on September 17. While this was going on, Italy invades Yugoslavia as well Greece. Yugoslavia capitulates in December and was partitioned with Hungary annexing North-East Serbia, and the establishment of the Independent State of Croatia and the Kingdom of Serbia. Albania would gain some territory in Serbia and Macedonia while Bulgaria would annex the rest of Macedonia and some of Eastern Serbia. Italy annexed the Coastal parts of Yugoslavia according to Mussolini's vision of a Greater Italy. Croatia, Bulgaria, and Serbia would become Italian client states from this point on. North Africa (Egypt and Sudan in particular) is invaded by Italy, with both British-held areas falling within months.
- Britain capitulates. The demoralized population of Britain finally surrenders to the Germans. Oswald Mosely assumes power in Britain and Edward VIII ascends the throne with Wallace Simpson as his Queen. In the Balkans, Greece falls under the military might of Italy, and partitioned by Italy and Bulgaria. Hitler begins amassing for his final plan: Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union. Millions of Nazi soldiers plough through the border, and the massively disorganized military due to the lack of trained officers who were purged by Joseph Stalin lets the Germans makes the campaign much easier than anticipated. While the Germans fight in Russia, Italy establishes and consolidates its sphere of influence over Croatia, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria. On December 7, 1941, Japan marches into Siberia.
- The German advance into the Soviet Union is going well. Leningrad is under siege and the Panzers are at the gates of Moscow itself. The Japanese's ruthless advance is becoming more and more demoralizing by the minute. On June 24, the Soviets finally capitulate, officially anyway. Reichskommissariats are created, R.K. Ostland, R.K. Ukraine, R.K. Kaucasus, and R.K. Moscowien. Gotenland (Crimea and some more Ukrainian territory) was directly annexed by Germany. All land east of the A-A line was deemed a Slavic Reserve, though later Hitler extended the line to the Ural Mountains. All slavs from the former Soviet Union were deported there, and the Jews were exterminated. The Slavic Reserves are kept under the Japanese umbrella.
- Japan begins to consolidate their power within the new East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. It continues to plan for an Invasion of India. The Nazis establish Mittelafrika, a German colony in South-Central Africa. The Italians nab up the Levant, directly annex the Sinai peninsula, and begin to have friendly talks with Saudi Arabia.
- Germany begins its construction of its massive railroad to connect the vast Nazi Empire.
- The Japanese invade India. Decisive victories are seen as the weak nationalist government crumbles beneath the might of the Imperial Japanese Army. The Azad Hind government is instituted in India, though the area that corresponds to Pakistan becomes a German-allied state. The Japanese then begin to rearm for their biggest battle: The Invasion of Australia. It is calculated to require ten divisions. Many in the Army and Navy believe this to be very difficult, and perhaps should not be attempted, but none dare to voice their opinion.
- Adolf Hitler dies. After ruling the Reich for 21 years, the great leader has passed away. The title of Fuhrer is abolished, and new titles take their place: Reich Chancellor, or Reichchancellor, the head of Government, held by Joseph Goebbels, the Reich President or Reichspräsident, the head of state and commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces, held by Karl Donitz, and the Party Minister, the head of the Nazi Party, held by Martin Bormann.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.