Here is the timeline for Our World.
- The 2016 US Presidential Election was held on November 8th, 2016. Democratic nominee and Independent US Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont defeated Republican nominee and US Senator Marco Rubio from Florida. Sanders won the electoral college, 318-220.
- The Democrats take back the house and take back the senate (53-47) in the 2016 US Congressional Elections.
- United Kingdom Prime Minister David Cameron resigns, he is replaced by Home Secretary Theresa May.
- Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown are inaugurated as the 45th President and 48th Vice President of the United States respectfully on January 20th, 2021. Sanders becomes the oldest president of the United States at age 75, and he also becomes the first Jewish president.
- The US Minimum Wage is raised to $12 an hour federally.
- Marijuana is legalized on a federal level in the United States.
- The United Kingdom elects Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn to be Prime Minister, he defeats the Tories Theresa May and his party wins a majority in Parliament. After his win, US President Bernie Sanders congrats him for his win.
- The Nintendo Switch is released on March 3rd.
- The Medicare for All act is approved in both chambers of the US Congress. The bill is signed by President Bernie Sanders and the United States becomes the last developed country to get Universal Healthcare.
- Longtime US Senator John McCain from Arizona dies at age 81 due to his Glioblastoma. Arizona Governor Doug Ducey replaces him with Republican US Representative Paul Gosar.
- The United States withdraws from Syria and Afghanistan.
- The 2018 US Congressional Elections are held on November 6th. The Democrats expand their majorities in the House and Senate.
- Former President George H. W. Bush passes away at age 94.
- Two Years since he took office, President Bernie Sanders has an approval rating of 62%.
- The Green New Deal is introduced in Congress by US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from New York and US Senator Jeff Merkley from Oregon. This plan was introduced to fight climate change by creating new Green jobs. President Bernie Sanders signed the Green New Deal on April 2nd.
- The US Minimum Wage is raised to $15 an hour federally.
- The Canadian federal elections were held on October 23rd. The NDP's Jagmeet Singh becomes the new Prime Minister of Canada.
- The 2020 US Presidential Election was held on November 3rd, 2020. Democratic Nominee and Incumbent President Bernie Sanders from Vermont defeats Republican Nominee Former Senator Ted Cruz from Texas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.