Could the war have been fought better, errors avoided, lives saved and the Taliban stopped?
I have 12 ideas on how the war could it could have been improved, but I would like to hear other oppinions on how the war could have been fought and the future of Afghanistan could be saved. Was there a better war plan leading to a better outcome and a future without the Taliband?
My ideas on error that are occering-
- The Americans took such a lead the world got the misconception it was all just Yanks, with the odd Afghan and Brit as back up.
- A Western media that were convinced the war was immoral no matter what actually happened.
- The false UK belief that wars could be won quickly like the Falklands and not long like World War 2 (WW2).
- The UK forces are probably better by training at parade ground marching, peacekeeping and domestic/overseas aid work, so are not fully mentally prepared a real war like WW2.
- The reemergence of the 'lions led by donkeys' millitery-political phenomena in the UK and posobly USA.
- The UK forces as a whole were not familiar with the culture, language or terrain of Afghanistan due to the rushed preparations for war.
- American troops should have not been needlessly and repeatedly blowing up Coalition forces and civilians from Mohamed Karzai’s side with drone strikes and alike.
- The UK press claiming some nation's troops were wiped out in an unduly cynical manner. 9 (6%) out of 150 Estonians had died by 2012. Some contingents were so tiny a single lucky bullet could massacre them.
- 42 (7%) out of 522 Danish, 49 (~1.3) out of 3,304 Italians, 6 (~1.5%) 0ut 0f 364 Hungarians, 438 (5%) out of 8,565 British 158 (14%) out of 950 Canadians, 2,038 (3%) out of 68,000 Americans, 52 (1.5%) out of 4,400 Germans, 0 (0%) out of 3 Greeks, 0 (0%) out of 3 Icelanders, 9 (6%) out of 150 Estonians, 1 (~0.8) out of 216 Albanians, 12 (~0.9) out of 1,561 Georgians, 19 (~1.2%)out of 1,521 Romanians, 88 (2%) out of 4,655 French and 12 (~1.1%) of 1,101 Turks had died by 2012.
- Uzbek warlord Abdul Rasheed Dostum's blood thersty killing of hundreds of serenderd Taliband that may have at lest in part hoped to swich sides at the [2001 massacre at mazar-al-sharif] being stoped.
- A small, sub-Hiroshima type nuke should have been dropped on the Tora-Bora mountain complex as soon as the war started, regardless of the political fallout!
- British unswerving dislike of anything involving Tony Blair's political leadership.
- UK budget cuts after 2008?